For someone who has sadly been gone for 40 years, Sharon Tate still makes news even today. Thankfully, her beautiful memory has not been forgotten.
20. "Twilight: New Moon" and Vampires made Sharon's film "The Fearless Vampire Killers" a topic of conversation for vampire enthusiasts.
19. A Nude Photo taken by David Bailey of Sharon and Roman together went for $11,250 at an auction.
18. New book on Sharon's friend Designer Travilla is coming out soon. The biography is called "The Gentleman Preferred Dressing the Blonde, the glamorous life of Bill Travilla" by Kimberely Ashley.
17. Micaela has a great Italian blog on Sharon: http://sharontate4ever.wordpress.com/
16. Also, Tammie makes great montages that if you haven't already seen you should here:
15. Please sign my petition, if you have not already done so, for Hatami to do a book on Sharon:
14. Polanski has kept busy making his film--and now editing it--"Ghost."
13. We compared Sharon to many great actresses from now and the past including: Farrah Fawcett, Carole Landis, Hedy Lamarr, Keira Knightly, Penelope Cruz, Actress/Model Tasha de Vasconcelos, Catherine Deneuve, Michelle Pfeiffer, Natasha Richardson, Brittany Murphy, and Marilyn Monroe.
12. Sharon was an extra in a movie and we just recently found out about it: "The Sea Musketeers" starring Channing Pollock, Aldo Ray, Pier Angeli and Robert Alda.
11. We also looked back on the life of Hair Stylist Jay Sebring and are looking forward to his nephews upcoming documentary on him.
10. Celebrities and friends alike remembered Sharon fondly, reminiscing about her we have heard from Ingrid Pitt, Steve McQueen, Sheliah Wells, Kathy Kersh, Leslie Caron, Actress Brienne De Beau, Photographer Jerry Schatzberg, Photograher Ellen Graham, Short Filmmaker Albert Maysles, Former MGM Publicist Christopher Farries, Jozy Pollock, High School friends: Tim Avedovech, Michael Ragland, Clifton Bowers, Mike Brady, Judy Campbell, Irene Hays, Carol Jean Thompson and Judy Willox.
9. Celebrities that have copied Sharon's signature style have been: British singer Duffy, Jessica Simpson, Milla Jovovich, Claudia Schiffer, Diane Kruger, Sienna Miller, Kate Hudson, Model Natasha Poley, Hillary Duff, January Jones, Amber Valletta, and Molly Sims.
8. We've seen many magical art pieces from the wonderful Swedish artist, Kerstien Matondang (http://www.kerstien.se/sharoninart.htm) among many others from the internet and Deviant Art.
7. Debra Tate appeared on Larry King Live, The Today Show and the Manson documentary that featured a new interview with Linda Kasabian.
6. Some of Sharon's friends passed away including: Dominick Dunne, Paul Burke, Paul Newman, Ricardo Montalban and there were a few others from the 1960s, like John Phillip Law that passed among others, however, I do not--unfortunately--know if they actually ever met or knew Sharon? But it was definitely a sad year for celebrity deaths.
5. Sharon inspired people like Stylist Rachel Zoe, Dear Creatures' Designer Bianca Benitez, Designer Tommy Hilfiger, Designer Michael Kors, Elvira, Gucci, and Beauty Expert Lianne Farbes.
4. Films that Sharon came close to being in like Polanski's "What?", "Tess," "Bonnie and Clyde", "Untitled Western" Project also with Polanski, "The Sound of Music," "Le Mans," and "The Cincinnati Kid."
3. Artist Jeremy Corbell for his show ICON An Exhibit Dedicated to Sharon Tate. Debra Tate helped out by letting Corbell take photos of model Lauren Hastings wearing Sharon's real vintage clothing. He used the pictures in his Exhibit.
2. Roman Polanski was arrested in Switzerland and is now on house arrest there at his chalet awaiting the outcome of a 32 rape year old case.
1. It was the 40th Anniversary of Sharon's murder. Along with that, Susan Atkins died September 24th. Atkins had tried to be released from prison earlier in the year under 'compassionate release' since she said sh was dying of a brain tumor but the final ruling did not allow for this to take place and she was denied for the final time.