Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Possible Film Sharon was an Extra in?


I found an article on Jozy Pollock. Jozy became the British “Hula-Hoop Queen” in her youth, then married American magician Channing Pollock and moved to the United States, where they performed on the Ed Sullivan Show. Then the two of them went on the road with the flamboyant pianist Liberace. Later, she divorced Pollock.


“I knew Sharon Tate when she was a teenager,” said Jozy, who is now a prison chaplain. “I met her in Italy where my husband was making films and she was an extra in one of them. When she came to Los Angeles we used to hang out."

Sharon an extra in one of Pollock's films? I had to look this up on the Imdb and see what Channing Pollock had made during that time:

If she was in Italy between 1961 and 1962 the film would have to be:

Lo sceicco rosso (1963) .... Ruiz/The Red Sheik
... aka Le cheik rouge (France)
... aka The Red Sheik

The only other films Channing Pollock made before that time were released in 1959 and 1960.

We know Sharon was an extra in Barabbas and, even though we cannot find her, she was supposedly in Hemmingway's Adventures of a Young Man.

So here is another film to look for Sharon in but, it may be like the Hemmingway film and we cannot find her. It's worth seeing and trying though.

I heard she was an extra in films while in Italy but her biographies only list 2 films. I've always thought that surely she was in more than those 2. Maybe others as well. Of course, she was also on a Pat Boone special at the time.

If anyone sees The Red Sheik, let me know if you find Sharon? Or if anyone has any comments please feel free to leave them.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon appeared as an extra in the film "I Moskatieri del Mare" I I think that is the wrong spelling translation "The Sea Musketeers" starring Channing Pollock, Aldo Ray, Pier Angeli and Robert Alda (Alan's father)"Lo Sheiko Rosso" was shot in Egypt. Hope thatinfo helps. God Bless Jozy Pollock

    ReplyDelete