Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quote of the Week by Sharon Herself and A Poem that could have been written by Polanski

One of Sharon's most famous quotes:
"Everything that's realistic has some sort of ugliness in it. Even a flower is ugly when it wilts, a bird when it seeks its prey, the ocean when it becomes violent."

I think these kinds of quotes show Sharon's intelligence.  And with this one, I think she does make a valid point.

I found this online.  It is a poem written for a girl named Sharon but it could easily have been written by Roman Polanski with the emotion it expresses.   I was thinking about when Sharon died and Roman kept asking: "Did she know how much I loved her?  Did she, did she?"  Sometimes I wonder if he just didn't realize how wonderful she truly was until she was gone.  Sometimes we all take things for granted when we shouldn't and I'm sure he must regret this.
Don't get me wrong, I know he loved her very much and was happy with her.  However, when someone passes I think we all think back and realize things about people we never did before.  I know I did this with my grandmother when she passed.  I thought, "I should have spent more time with her..." and so on.

Poem For Sharon

By Chris Todd

Why is it that some people who find love,

handle it with such carelessness?

Some people search for love all their lives.

When it is found, why put it down and forget about it,

only to realize how much it meant when it is gone?

When you find love, hold on to it,

celebrate its feelings,

drown in them every day,

be consumed by them...

I am consumed by you Sharon.

I will never set aside my love.

I will never look for it only when it is lost.

I love you.

I will show you and tell you every day.

From this site: http://poems.topdownloads.net/poems/view.php?id=5038

Coming up...

This week more translated articles and hopefully, more surprise quotes from people who knew Sharon. :)

3 comments:

  1. The poem was extremely beautiful :) Im sure Roman loved Sharon very much but a lot of people seem to not like him :( I must say I like him very much :) Sharon and Roman are my most favorite couple! Sharon chose to be with him for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I was a high schooler, when I happened across a photo of Sharon in a book, I was a fan.

    I just came across your blog and have been reading for the past hour -- I love it! Thank you so much for creating this blog. I will check back frequently! ;)

    ReplyDelete